Inspection and nondestructive testing
Regular inspections and condition monitoring form the basis for quality assurance and maintenance management.
The inspector’s tasks can be summed up in “Inspecting, Observing, and Reporting.” Inspection ensures that work is performed according to the project’s specifications, procedures and standards. The final report documents findings and any deviations.
StS offers condition monitoring and inspection of welding, surface and insulation work, performed by specialists with professional experience and relevant certification such as FROSIO and NDT.
A positive pressure habitat provides excellent working conditions for performing NDT in conjunction with hot work suck as welding operations which often require NDT inspection on completion
To handle difficult access, StS offer NDT and FROSIO inspectors trained in industrial rope access.
- NDT method VT, MT, PT, ET, UT, RT, PMI, HT
- Visual Testing VT
- Magnetic particle testing MT
- Penetrant testing PT
- Eddy Current testing ET
- Ultrasonic testing UT
- Radiography testing RT
- Positive Material Identification PMI
- Hardness measurement HT
- NS 477 / IWI-S / IWI-C – weld inspection
- NDE lev 3
- Certification of Lifting Gear
- DNV GL Class 402 A (Thickness Measurements)
- DNV GL Class 402 B (NDT Offshore Projects / Units)
- Completion & ITP
- 3 party verification (QA/QC)
- Frosio ISS / Surface / Insulation